Disclaimer: I received the Health Warrior Chia Bars to review as part of being a BibRave Pro. Learn more about becoming a BibRave Pro (ambassador), and check out BibRave.com to review find and write race reviews!
Before you read anything else, let me make two points about the Health Warrior Chia Bars:
- I had my wife try the Vanilla Almond flavor and I asked her what she thought. Her only response was “YUM!!”
- I liked these bars so much that I have already purchased two more boxes to have at my house so I don’t run the risk of running out!
I am testing the Vanilla Almond and the Chocolate Peanut Butter Health Warrior Chia Bars. Per the Health Warrior website; these bars are gluten free, soy free, and dairy free. They are 100% natural and 100% vegan and are certified gluten free by the Gluten-Free Certification Organization and certified Kosher by the Union of Orthodox Jewish Congregation of America.
So let me elaborate on this a bit. These are healthy chia bars that are good for you (not a ton of calories, low in sugar, high in fiber), and taste great.
Here are the things I liked (actually loved) about these bars:
- I loved that these are smaller than what you may consider to be a normal size bar (I would compare it to the Halloween snack size that your kids get trick or treating vs the candy bar size you may be at a gas station). I wish more companies sold bars in this size.
- These have a great taste without coming across as too much flavor. The Vanilla Almond chia bar has a hint of vanilla, but not too much where you may think you would have a stomach ache if you had this bar prior to, or during, a hike or long run. These bars gave me zero stomach issues!!
- Being that these bars are around 100 calories, I never felt bad about grabbing one for a snack. This calorie count is about the same as what you would get in an energy gel while running, so it also makes a good alternative to using a gel.
In addition to the Chia Bars, I was also provided with a coloring book with a humorous twist about the highs and lows of race training. That’s right, it’s all about running, and it’s for you, not your kids (well I guess they could help as well if they wanted)!! If you would like one of these coloring books for yourself, ITS FREE with a purchase from the Health Warrior Online Store. Here is a link that tells you how to get one: http://healthwarrior.link/colorbookbr
Keep up-to-date with Health Warrior online where you can hear what new flavors they are coming out with (like their recently released Caramel Sea Salt).
The Health Warrior Chia Bars cost $15.99 for a box of 15, or you could try a 3 bar sample pack first for $4.99, with free shipping, to figure out what flavors you like the most. From my perspective, every flavor I have tried is good (testing the Vanilla Almond and the Chocolate Peanut Butter, and purchased the Caramel Sea Salt, and the Dark Chocolate bars). If you are looking to sample one from a local store instead of ordering online, here is a store locator to aid in that search:
What is your favorite flavor??